Monday, February 06, 2006

 

Hollywood Needs Fencing Lessons

Did you know that actors need fencing lessons if they are going to play a part with swordfighting? Actors don't just pick up a sword and start flailing away. They learn how to stand correctly, how to move their feet, and how to hold and maneuver a blade.

SwordPlay Fencing Studio teaches theatrical fencing to Hollywood actors, and to anyone that wants to know how. Check out their website.

I have fenced some of their students, and I have to say they must have some good coaches. I have witnessed that they maintain good form and conditioning with their students. I'm glad to see their club represented at tournaments because I know I'll have a day of good fencing if I meet up with them.

*************************
Josh Butler has been an epee fencer since 2002, and a foil fencer since 1991. Josh fences at The Desert Fencing Academy in Palm Desert, California with Head Coach Leslie Taft.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?