Tuesday, May 15, 2007

 

May 20th Tournament - SBVC

Hi to everyone,
Yes, we have another fencing tournament this Sunday, May 20 at San Bernardino Valley College.
All close of check-in times remain the same.
This is our end-of-season awards tournament and ceremony.

I am tired, too, especially at PCC's in Las Vegas last weekend and now another tournament this weekend.
However, DFA and COD swept most of the awards in all weapons, men's and women's categories, and DFA is the overall club champion of the division. It would be nice to have the recipients of the awards there.

Also, just so you know, since our second tournament of the season, I have been the division officer running this division. The chair, vice-chair and secretary all "bailed" out after the second tournament, so I have been running the division with Diane Whan running the tournaments. So, I do understand tired and am looking
forward to the end of the season, but actually, that does not mean an end to work, just don't have to rush to get items done.

Also, a new trophy has been created and the recipient is a DFA fencer. I cannot tell you at this time what the trophy is for or to whom it is destined, but it would be nice to have the DFA fencers in attendance.

I will be sending to all of you an email regarding PCC's this year. It was really an awesome tournament and I have stories and insights I want to share with all of you. I should have it typed and ready to email by the end of this week.

Again, DFA swept the awards and is the #1 club in the division. This speaks highly of the fencers, the coach and the parents. My thanks to you for making this season so successful for all of us by your support.

- Leslie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?